Wikimania 2005 on-site registration.
Wikimania 2008 is an open event and everyone is welcome to register with a small fee.
This page explains the registration process only. Please check visas for information regarding travel visas. In order to get help with visas, you must first complete the registration process (including your payment).
After you have completed the registration process, please visit the Attendees Notes page for latest schedules, visa and regulations, and location information to help you plan this trip. Don't forget to add your name to Attendees too!
Please Note: We are no longer able to offer hotel accommodation at this time. The times below are all local time (UTC+3).
- Wikimania 2008 Alexandria: July 17 - July 19
- Online registration deadline: July 10
- Early Bird deadline: May 30
- Accommodation deadline: June 15 (people who paid on or before this date are confirmed to have accommodation as requested).
- On-site registration: Available on July 16th (17:00-19:00), July 17th (08:00-09:00), July 18th (08:30-09:30) and July 19th (08:30-09:30).
There are 3 different accommodation options, all within 10 mins walking distance of the venue. If one or more of the options is not shown on the registration form, then it's fully booked. Please contact us in case of any trouble.
- See Accommodation for more information.
- Accommodation is available for 5 days (4 nights) from Wednesday 16th July till Sunday 20th July.
- Delta is $30 per night per person
- Metropol is $60 per night per person
- Dorms are $10 per night per person
If you have special food requirements or allergy, please make a note on the registration form and we will arrange it for you.
You may find booking tickets to Cairo much cheaper than direct flights to Alexandria, please feel free to do that!
The Wikimania organization team is providing free transportation to and from Cairo International Airport in the 2 days before and after the conference, please contact the registration team after completing your registration and booking your ticket.
One of the conference sponsors can help with booking your tickets, including flights. If you would like to have this option then please check the box on the registration form.
Registration is closed now however you can still participate in the conference if you register on-site.
- → Wikimania 2008 Main Conference Pricing
||Wikimedia contributor (US$)
||Egyptian Wikimedia contributor (LE)
|Early bird (whole event: 3 days)
- → Discounts are now available for Egyptian students
- 35 % discount for all students in Egypt. Kindly send a scanned image "jpeg" of your National ID or Passport + Faculty ID Card after you register to wikimania-registrationwikimedia.org to claim your discount.
- 50 % discount for group students of 10 persons or more, each individual is to register separately and the group list is to be sent afterward along with the IDs in a separate email to wikimania-registrationwikimedia.org to claim your discounts.
- For any further enquiries about discounts, please contact us by email (wikimania-registrationwikimedia.org).
- We highly recommend you to use PayPal.
- PayPal account: wikimaniapaypalonewikimedia.org
- This will reduce our processing time and we can then send out confirmation faster.
- Pay via remittance
- Account details:
- Account name: Bibliotheca Alexandrina
- Bank: Commercial International Bank
- Branch Code: Bibliotheca Alexandrina Branch
- SWIFT BIC code: CIBEEGCX041
- Account number:
Wikimania (EGP): 41-8900019-5
Wikimania (USD): 41-8930006-6
Wikimania (EUR): 41-8980009-9
- For the convenience to check the remitting result, please send an email to wikimania-registrationwikimedia.org and tell us your full name, the amount you paid, and your bank account number after you remit the payment.