Talk:Local transportation/Transportation between airport and city
Shuttle at noon?
First, thanks for running this service, it's great idea. However... quite a few flights land at CAI in the middle of the night, and at least two Wikimaniacs have already booked the airport hotel (Novotel) so we can recover after long flights. Any chance of shuttle bus around 12 noon? I don't think many people will arrive between 4 and 8 AM, so moving the 8 AM bus to 12 noon might be a good option. Jpatokal 14:12, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- There are 13 flights that land in CAI between 00:00-12:00, 10 of which are between 00:00-08:00 and there are 11 flights between 08:00-16:00, only 3 of them are between 08:00-12:00. we can move back the 16:00 shuttle to 14:00, that would be more reasonable. Thank you and wish you a smooth trip to Alexandria :) --mido 14:39, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- Impressive research! 2 PM would be better, but can you estimate how long the trip will take? We've got the Wikitravel Eat-Together at 8 PM... Jpatokal 12:18, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
So, actual signups indicate that there are zero (0) people interested in an 8 AM shuttle. The Delta flight lands at 10:30, so the noon shuttle would be good for them too... Jpatokal 16:32, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
Location of shuttle
- we will send an email with final times and arrangements before the conference --mido 14:39, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- I'm arriving tonight, as are many others, and still no news! Where do we find the shuttle? Please give a clear location and a number to call. Jpatokal 12:46, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- Boarding my flight to CAI in one hour and still no idea where to go... Jpatokal 18:56, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- Finally managed to dig up the info on IRC. This "more security" bullshit is completely ridiculous though. Jpatokal 19:11, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
Arriving on the 15th
The two of us arrive at CAI terminal 2 via BA0155 at 00:25 on the 15th. (The day before the shuttles) Are any of the buses to Alexandria running during the middle of the night, or do we need to wait for the 06:00 train? Eclecticology 17:29, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- Public buses to Alex from the airport apparently run only during daylight hours (between 4 AM and 7:30 PM, I'm told), so you'll be in for a bit of a wait. Jpatokal 11:25, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- We can wait until 04:00 well enough, with some of the time being taken up by formalities and getting luggage. In that case, instructions to know exactly where to find that 4 a.m. bus would be very helpful. Eclecticology 17:52, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
How long does the shuttle take to get to alexandria? Effeietsanders 19:47, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- How long is a
piece of stringCairo traffic jam? Jpatokal 13:58, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Taxi from Borg El Arab Airport
We are arriving 16th at 2:00 am at Borg El Arab. LH 676 departure 21:05 CET.
- Are there taxis available at this time early in the morning?
- What is a fair price for a taxi to Metropol hotel?
He!ko 11:32, 1 July 2008 (UTC) - hm still no answer :)
Taxi back to Borg El Arab Airport
We are leaving 20th at 3:05am at Borg El Arab with LH 677. Is anyone else booked on this flight, so we could share a taxicab? He!ko 12:28, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
please is the time of the Shuttles are in Cairo local time or UTC ???