How to help
Copies of the Wikitravel Press guide to Cairo and Alexandria will be distributed to conference attendees, and you can help make it the best guide possible. Here's how!
The following Wikitravel guides are used to produce the guide:
- Cairo (and all its districts, including Giza and the Pyramids)
- Egypt reference section
- Egyptian Arabic phrasebook
Any edits to these articles on or before June 16th, 2008 will still make it into the printed copy. Things you can do to help:
- Describe attractions and famous places in Cairo or Alex
- Add your favorite restaurant or coffee shop
- Check prices, addresses, phone numbers and websites of existing listings
- If you speak Arabic, proofread and expand the Egyptian Arabic phrasebook
- Many more ideas
Important note: Do not copy content from Wikipedia (or any other website). Wikitravel is licensed as Creative Commons by-sa 1.0, which is unfortunately not compatible with Wikipedia's GFDL.
We are also looking for an editor to maintain the guide after the conference is over. Basically, in exchange for updating the guide once per month, you will be paid a royalty for every book sold. Contact Jani at wikitravel:User:Jpatokal or proposals (at) wikitravelpress.com if you think you might be interested! Jpatokal 15:53, 5 June 2008 (UTC)