Thanks to all for helping make Wikimania 2008 a terrific event!
Pictures from Alexandria!
Welcome to the official website for Wikimania 2008! Alexandria was the host to the Wikimania 2008 conference in the prestigious new Library of Alexandria (Bibliotheca Alexandrina).
What is Wikimania?
Wikimania is a regular conference for all Wikimedians who contribute to one of the many Wikimedia Foundation projects. Past conferences have been held in popular cities around the world such as Frankfurt, Germany (Wikimania 2005 website), Boston, USA (Wikimania 2006 website) and Taipei, Taiwan (Wikimania 2007 website). (more...)
Wikimania 2008 planning
- Archived video streams of many presentations (at the Bibalex website)
- Registration is now closed.
- Sign up now for Transportation assistance from the airport!
- The schedule of the conference is available!
- Contact us
Subscription · Feedback
Talk to us on Skype!
Want to help us?
- List of advertisements that you can place on your website or personal blog!
- If you blog about Wikimania, tag with "wikimania2008".
- You can talk with other people about Wikimania on IRC.
- Wikimania Committees structure
From Previous Wikimanias
Most of the attendees were really wikimedians. Not swarms of journalists, nor curious visitors. There were many times I had this odd feeling we were on meta, or on this list, just chatting or trolling, simply face to face.
I think the central point was a little anthill where we could always find others, someone to talk to, something to look at, something to eat... It felt such a warm place. — Florence Devouard