In addition to the regular talks (see the schedule) Wikimania 2008 will offer lightning talks and posters. Posters will be displayed all conference days in the multi-purpose hall, so everyone can have a look at it in the time he or she wants. During the afternoon break at day 2, 2008-07-18 between 15:00-16:00 there is a special poster session. At this time the authors of the posters will be at their poster to answer questions.
This is a preliminary list of posters to be shown (will be updated).
- Desirable Disambiguation. Preventing unsolveable disambuguation systems by Merlijn van Deen
- Linking from Wikipedia. Dynamic enrichement of Wikipedia articles with context-sensitive links by Jakob Voss
- Stroopwafels. A social mean by Lodewijk
- Wiki Knowledge by nikhil
- Wkimania and Weaving. Importance of Weaving in the World by Samia
- Wikiposters project by Wikimedia Israel (one ore two sample posters). See the schedule for information about the related talk on this project.
- Students for Free Culture by AUC and Harvard University's chapters of Students for Free Culture
- Broaden participation: the 50-plus age group and Wikipedia by Frank Schulenburg
- Poster session planning (outdated)