Jump to navigation Jump to search
In addition to the regular talks (see the schedule) Wikimania 2008 will offer lightning talks and posters. Posters will be displayed all conference days in the multi-purpose hall, so everyone can have a look at it in the time he or she wants. During the afternoon break at day 2, 2008-07-18 between 15:00-16:00 there is a special poster session. At this time the authors of the posters will be at their poster to answer questions.
This is a preliminary list of posters to be shown (will be updated).
- Desirable Disambiguation. Preventing unsolveable disambuguation systems by Merlijn van Deen
- Linking from Wikipedia. Dynamic enrichement of Wikipedia articles with context-sensitive links by Jakob Voss
- Stroopwafels. A social mean by Lodewijk
- Wiki Knowledge by nikhil
- Wkimania and Weaving. Importance of Weaving in the World by Samia
- Wikiposters project by Wikimedia Israel (one ore two sample posters). See the schedule for information about the related talk on this project.
- Students for Free Culture by AUC and Harvard University's chapters of Students for Free Culture
- Broaden participation: the 50-plus age group and Wikipedia by Frank Schulenburg
- Poster session planning (outdated)