Is there any approximate date set? Will it be in early August again, like the last three times? --Florian Prischl 18:20, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
- I just noticed that in the FAQ July 19-21 is mentioned as the conference date. Can this be confirmed? --Florian Prischl 18:24, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
Could we get links to past wikimania itineraries just to see what the typical schedule looks like? 188.8.131.52 02:15, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
- Here are a few of the past Wikimania schedules:
- (Make sure you also take a look at the "Conference Daily Schedule" links on those pages for the actual schedule itself!) I hope this helps, Cbrown1023 talk 20:09, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
- Yes it does, thanks!
Jimbo's Talk on First Day?
I don't think it's a very good idea to put an important presentation by Jimbo Wales on the first day such as "Freedom of Speech, .." along side some very interesting events. I think a lot of people would consider Jimbo's speech in the first day as an "opening" one for Wikimania and would like to attend it. It's short (15 minutes) so I suppose it shouldn't be much of an issue to make it bit ahead of the workshop and the two presentations? -- Ahmad
- Hi Ahmad,
- Thank you for your comments. We are of course proud to have so many interesting talks! Unfortunately this brings the unavoidable risk that some interesting talks are parallel. We are also glad very much that both Jimbo (WMF Board member) and Rhonda Shearer (BA Board member) are willing to talk about moral freedoms such as these. I personally favored the combination of these two talks very much, and I still think that it is great to have two of these speakers right after each other on the stage. Therefore, I do not think we will change this as you suggested. I hope to see you in Alexandria! Effeietsanders 07:38, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
Structured semantic wiki conflict
Hi, my talk on "Creating the structured semantic wiki" is on Saturday at 2:15 PM, which is at the same time as the talk on LibraryThing, which as I understand it is also a structured semantic wiki. I, for one, would like to see that presentation; there may be others who want to see both. Would it be possible to move one or the other? Yaron Koren 15:28, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
- I would also like to see both Yaron's presentation and the LibraryThing presentation. Staeiou 17:40, 23 June 2008 (UTC)
1) There seems to be no place for the lightning talks sessions in the schedule.
2) May be it makes sense to extended the lightning talks to say 15 min each since there are currently only 5 of them registered and only 2 of them definitely (100%).
Petr Andreev 07:22, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
- @1) there is, but apperently there is an error in the display. Will look at it. There are three LT sessions.
- @2) generally lots of people register LT's on the spot, which is also the idea.
- Thanks for yoru remarks! Effeietsanders 20:49, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
James F.'s talk
I] am currently (20:33, 24 June 2008 (UTC)) scheduled at the same time as Florence], which I'd rather go to myself! Also, a possible clash with this? Happy with length, but Room E might be a bit small (hopefully!), though we'll likely have a discussion more than a lecture, so...
Jdforrester 20:33, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
- I think this problem has been resolved by now. Effeietsanders 07:38, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
Wikipedia and Academia conflict
I see on the schedule that my presentation - "Conceptions and Misconceptions Academics Hold About Wikipedia" - is scheduled at the same time as "The Quality of Scientific Articles on the English Wikipedia," a presentation that relates to my own. Both involve Wikipedia and Academia, and I think some people would be interested in both. Do you think that my presentation could be moved? I think a good place for it is on day 3 at 11:45 in Room C. This is right after "Localisation, not just for the software" by Gerard Meijssen. Room C is shown as free at this time, and there are only three other presentations at this time, none of which directly relate to mine. Thanks! Staeiou 04:08, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately this is a little more complex, since your presentation is 20 minutes, and would also require to move at least nother 20 minutes presentation. I will try to work something out later on. Effeietsanders 10:02, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks Effeietsanders (or whoever else did it) for swapping things around to get around that conflict. I hate to be a pain, but I have only one small tweak to suggest. My presentation is now 11:00 to 11:20, room E, day 3. Could that get bumped slightly later, to 11:45 to 12:05, same room, same day? That timeslot is shown as free. The reason is that I'd like to see the Diplopedia presentation. If this isn't possible, I'd be fine where I am - it is much better than where I was before. Thanks for all your hard work putting this together! Staeiou 13:53, 3 July 2008 (UTC)